ELEvent Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why to Never purchase a referbushed silo

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Why to Never purchase a referbushed silo Empty Why to Never purchase a referbushed silo December 16th 2014, 8:51 pm

Grim

Grim
Founder
Founder

Ok so lets start with the pitch line.

Get the security of knowing that you can survive through a close nuclear blast. These wonderful homes come complete with .....

What you are not told however is that these hardened structures that you would be buying are still a place where in a time of emergency could be confiscated by the military and used. Another horrifying fact is that believe it or not, the enemy would know this. What an attacking enemy would not know is that it was now a home. Therefore, be aware that any nuclear silo whether refurbished into a home or not would be a primary target because an attacking enemy can not tell the difference between a home and a silo. Nor would they allow such a facility to be confiscated to be used against them at a later time if they did know. In both cases, the site would be considered a primary target.

2Why to Never purchase a referbushed silo Empty Re: Why to Never purchase a referbushed silo December 17th 2014, 3:58 am

Darklord

Good point I never thought of that

3Why to Never purchase a referbushed silo Empty Re: Why to Never purchase a referbushed silo December 17th 2014, 10:55 am

Grim

Grim
Founder
Founder

Honestly, a lot of people who write books on survival are flat ignorant because they are not looking at it from a military viewpoint.

I recently ran across a couple properties like this on a site. One was a stripped down silo for 1.5 million, the other which was fully furnished and completed was 3.5 million.  Now at first it seemed rather interesting because the pitch line was that they were surrounded by mountains, but close enough to the city to get food and had a wonderful place for hunting and fishing.  

They even told that it was used to house anti missile rockets earlier this year.  What they neglected to tell perspective buyers was that the town to the north was a tertiary target and that the silo since it was recently built and was capable of housing such weapons would have been a primary target.  They also neglected to tell perspective buyers that in the event they did survive that they would not be able to survive the radiation levels from the fallout to the north and northeast which would have blown their way.  This was because directly north east  was a maggot line of silos which would have received around 200+ nuclear blasts which would have cause radiation levels to go as high as 90,000 R .  
Even with the best shielding available in the event of an attack of this kind with no direct hits any occupants would have received a dose of well over 1287 rem in less than 7 hours ( double the lethal dose)
Needless to say I did not bother to calculate farther than this as it would have been useless.

4Why to Never purchase a referbushed silo Empty Re: Why to Never purchase a referbushed silo December 18th 2014, 5:08 am

Darklord

I think that I would prefer to be killed by the blast rather than the slow agonising death of radiation poisoning

5Why to Never purchase a referbushed silo Empty Re: Why to Never purchase a referbushed silo December 18th 2014, 10:29 am

Grim

Grim
Founder
Founder

Most tend to agree and in truth it is one of the most horrifying ways that someone can die.

Xerneas

Xerneas
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

to bad i can imagine over two million ways to die.

Grim

Grim
Founder
Founder

Your welcome to make a topic on it in the General DNG section.

Xerneas

Xerneas
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

i might later. for now ill think on it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum