You are not connected. Please login or register

Clash of the Religions

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1default Clash of the Religions on January 6th 2015, 4:51 am

Darklord

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
OK so I'm not well up on this subject as I'm a non-believer, so my views may seem a little odd here? But I do speak as an 'independent' and have no allegion, thus no bias, toward any particular side or view.

Surely anyone who has been reading the news lately, particularly in Europe, will be aware of the protests and sometimes violent clashes between Muslims and Christians. (this is in addition to other Worldwide issues between the two)

Now I'm sure that it's no secret that there is quite a lot of animosity between (not just these two) some of the various religions of the World.

In fact, as far as I can ascertain, the trouble between both Islam and Christianity goes back to the 11th Century and has been sparodicly violent since those times.

There are religious scholars of both religions who over the years have tried to clarify to the masses of their respective religions, that the true meaning of religion is peace. This however has usually had little effect in achieving it's aims.

I am sure that a high majority of religious people do understand the true meaning of their religion and do adhere to it's values. However that still leaves a sizeable number of followers who do not, or will not? Accept what the majority adhere to and accept.

I can foresee these protests gaining strength, they already number tens of thousands of protesters both protesting and counter protesting against islamation of europe and I can see no good coming from it. In fact left unchecked, I can see the situation becoming explosive.

It is time I think, for those religious leaders to step forward together and to make a 'Divine' effort to stop this 'hijacking' and twisting of religious preachings against the faiths of others. They could do more, much more. They should make it publicly known that those who use the teachings for nefarious purposes will indeed be shunned by their relevant Deities and will hold no position alongside their God.

But it doesn't stop there, every single person of a faith should also be commanded to fulfil the same goal, by addressing others who they may meet or know, and letting them know that their actions or deeds will be disliked by their Gods.

If the situation continues without such actions being taken? Then I predict there will be even more bloodshed than there has been over the last thousand years.

If that were to become the case? Then surely the 'Religious' thing to do would be to either suspend, or ban Religion, in the interests of the safety and well-being of the majority of the people. This may not stop people warring against each other? But what it would do, would be to reduce the number of people with an 'excuse' to cause violence toward each other.

To conclude: If we humans can't stop the senseless killing and maiming of other innocent human beings, which is caused by, what are essentially man-made beliefs. Then the respective Deities should intervene to calm the situation down, allowing people to co-exist in a peaceful and harmonious manner.

If the Deities are unable or unwilling to intervene? Then the problem should be solved by removing the root cause of the problem. ie Religion.

Quoting passages from the Quran or the Bible hasn't seemed to help much over the last thousand years or so. Therefore a different approach should be used.

Otherwise...

Armageddon!

View user profile

2default Re: Clash of the Religions on January 6th 2015, 6:50 pm

Firestorm

Administrator
Administrator
There are religious scholars of both religions who over the years have tried to clarify to the masses of their respective religions, that the true meaning of religion is peace. This however has usually had little effect in achieving it's aims.

Unfortunately, there are extremists who go overboard on both sides to the point of armed conflict.
One side would call for crusades while the other side would call for a jihad. This pretty much caused continual bloody conflict between the two that somewhat continues to this day.

But in all this it was always so called spiritual leaders who done this. These leaders were not ordinary people but were revered as holy men of God who's word was considered the absolute authority.

But absolute power corrupts absolutely.

f that were to become the case? Then surely the 'Religious' thing to do would be to either suspend, or ban Religion, in the interests of the safety and well-being of the majority of the people. This may not stop people warring against each other? But what it would do, would be to reduce the number of people with an 'excuse' to cause violence toward each other.

To conclude: If we humans can't stop the senseless killing and maiming of other innocent human beings, which is caused by, what are essentially man-made beliefs. Then the respective Deities should intervene to calm the situation down, allowing people to co-exist in a peaceful and harmonious manner.

Far too often religion has been used as an excuse to slay the innocent as well as oppress and condemn those who were peaceful. We honestly do not know how many hundreds of thousands have been But remember , absolute power corrupts absolutely and when this much power is given to a single individual then things are bound to happen. Even with the multitude of divisions and sects among the various religions there are leaders who condemn and spread hate on a unbelievable scale and the people live in fear of condemnation from these great leaders.

Spirituality in its purest form is good, tolerant, kind, and peaceful but religion is a whole new can of worms. Religion and ritualism will strip a person of everything good. In view of this, I believe that leaders should teach people who follow them in a responsible way by showing them the ways of love, kindness, peace, and tolerance.

If religious leaders fail to remember these basic things then they are like a blind man leading other blind men.

3default Re: Clash of the Religions on January 7th 2015, 10:44 am

Darklord

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Unfortunately my prediction just 24 hours ago about there being an escalation and more bloodshed, has come to fruition. It gives me no pleasure to have been proved right, and I think that this is just the start of things to come.

Masked Islamist gunmen have stormed a French magazine's offices and killed 12 people in cold blood! The French authorities are claiming that it was definitely religion based as the gunmen were overheard to shout out 'we have avenged the Prophet Muhammad'.

This inter-religion warfare is now becoming more serious than many official wars, particularly in view of the fact that it is almost universally, innocent men, women and children who are the ones both targeted and affected. Ordinary people who probably have no grudge to bear with anyone from any other religion.

I find myself sitting on the sidelines and analyzing both sides of the argument and coming to an unbiased opinion that the only sense I can personally make out of it, is that someone somewhere is trying to start a huge religious war between Islamists and Christians. I can find no other reasonable conclusion.

We must ask ourselves, how do we stop it? Can we in fact stop it? If we can't stop it then what do we do, declare war? I believe that because of the numbers of religious people involved, and the global spread of both of these religions, such a war would make the second world war look like a boy scouts outing!

Or should we actually consider banning, or at least temporarily suspending all religions until this animosity between the various religions can be overcome? Obviously in the latter case, hostilities wouldn't cease overnight. Especially as most intelligent people know that most of these problems stem from so called 'Holy men' who have their own agenda. However as I've stated before, it would stop a large percentage from aligning themselves to these rogue ideas with the belief that what they were doing was actually commanded by God.

Conclusion. Whatever we decide to do? provided we can save a few thousand lives at least, will be well worth it in the end.

Source: for those of you who are able to view in this Country.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30710883

View user profile

4default Re: Clash of the Religions on February 15th 2015, 2:52 pm

Grim

Founder
Founder
You know, it is downright sad that people kill over religious views. It makes me want to yell Thou shalt not kill.

it is the natural order for all things to come to an end
It is not a matter of if it is going to happen but when
ELEvent Forums
-----------------------------
View user profile

5default Re: Clash of the Religions on February 16th 2015, 5:09 am

Darklord

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
If any doubt remains, or any further proof is required, just look at these IS nutters who, in the name of 'religion' (their religion obviously) behead 21 Christians because they worship with a Cross.

That's beside the other atrocities they have comitted in the name of so called 'Religion'.

View user profile

6default Re: Clash of the Religions on February 17th 2015, 9:45 pm

Grim

Founder
Founder
There are unfortunately extremists in every religion , or extremists groups. Sadly, it was the US government that armed this group to put a check in place on another group.
Looks like the one who keeps coming up with plan to arm these groups to the teeth would learn that they need a different plan because you can't give an extremists group arms because sooner or later they will turn them on those who gave it to them .

ELEvent Forums
View user profile

7default Re: Clash of the Religions on February 18th 2015, 4:43 am

Darklord

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Yes my thoughts entirely. Britain does it as well! It was Britain who sold arms to the Taliban when Russia was trying to take control of Afghanistan. They got rid of the Russians, then thos same weapons were turned against us!!! Time that we stopped arming other Nations and groups I think, but that won't happen because the arms manufacturers have too much influence with Governments and claim that jobs would be lost, Government revenue's would be lower and other trade deals would be lost without them selling arms.

View user profile

8default Re: Clash of the Religions on February 21st 2015, 7:28 am

Grim

Founder
Founder
Profiteering from weapons is still alive and well on the planet. Who stands to profit and make money ? Those who manufacture weapons. That adds up to a lot of taxes which goes straight into the hands of the governments.. They actually make more money of this than they invested so for them its a good deal. Bad for those on the receiving end of the weapons though.

ELEvent Forums
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum