You are not connected. Please login or register

Second London riot in 3 years

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1default Second London riot in 3 years on November 20th 2014, 4:59 am

Darklord

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Rioting occurred yesterday in parts of London. This was the second riot in the capital in the last 3 years. Although not as damaging or as widespread as the riots of 2011, it nonetheless shows that tensions are beginning to reach boiling point in this Country.

This time the riots were about the increased cost of tuition for students education and were mainly attended by students. But I'm sure that it is only a matter of time before this sort of thing ignites across the whole Country.

Governments must start to learn that they govern by consent of the ordinary people, and if they try to implement policies that affect a high proportion of people to the extent that it starts to hurt, then in time feelings will boil over and reactions become extreme.

The problems that all Governments seem to have is that they do not listen to reasonable arguments. They have only one view, their view, and they take the view that their view is ALWAYS RIGHT, even when it's wrong!

Now I'm not sure whether the news of these riots was released abroad? I have previously mentioned that a lot of political news from Britain is censored for overseas viewing. However here are a couple of links that you can try if you want more information?

I can only hope the links work overseas? - if not? then you can always write to Mr David Cameron, 10 Downing Street, London. SW1A 2AA and ask him to stop censoring political news from britain for overseas residents.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/student-protests-police-officer-filmed-4657194

Latest riots:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_England_riots

2011 Riots

View user profile

2default Re: Second London riot in 3 years on November 20th 2014, 8:53 pm

Grim

Founder
Founder
Now I'm not sure whether the news of these riots was released abroad?
Nope not a word over here. The link functions but the article doesn't appear.

it is the natural order for all things to come to an end
It is not a matter of if it is going to happen but when
ELEvent Forums
-----------------------------
View user profile

3default Re: Second London riot in 3 years on November 21st 2014, 4:09 am

Darklord

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Ah, so it appears that it is not just censored in other European Countries. Very interesting!

And that from a Country that is supposed to stand for democracy and free speech!!!

View user profile

4default Re: Second London riot in 3 years on November 21st 2014, 2:17 pm

Grim

Founder
Founder
I thought that censoring the internet was illegal in the UK?

ELEvent Forums
View user profile

5default Re: Second London riot in 3 years on November 21st 2014, 2:35 pm

Darklord

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Lol we are supposed to be the 'pinnacle' of 'free speech'. Laughable! we are I believe, the ONLY Country in Europe that still blocks sites like TPB and KAT.

They were blocked by most Countries in Europe at one time, however an EU wide legal precedent came out last year, (or early this I forget) saying that to block the sites was against basic human right of freedom or something like that. (again I forget the exact wording)

However the upshot of that ruling was that other EU members unblocked the sites, (except for Britain) so now as it stands, we can go to Greece, Belgium or wherever and access content from these sites, but not from UK.

My wife is from Greece and she has no problem getting any news from there, (political or otherwise) directly from the internet. They are open with what is going on there, as I assume are most other western democracies? However as has been proved time and time again. Britain censors material to others overseas that it deems 'is not in their interest'.

Makes you wonder what they have to hide doesn't it?

Like I have mentioned to you in the past, when I leave these shores for good, I will have a few stories to tell, that many will find unbelievable. The truth about what exactly is going on here.

Oops there's a knock at the door. Wonder who that could be????

View user profile

6default Re: Second London riot in 3 years on November 21st 2014, 4:20 pm

Darklord

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Barely an hour after my last post (see above) Protesters are again in London.

They are protesting at the way democracy is being taken away from the people by Government.

I will paste the link at the end of this post, however I don't expect it to work overseas. So I will copy/paste a couple of extracts from the ongoing situation as they are being reported live as I type this, by the national newspaper the Mirror.

Quotes:

Pro-democracy protesters descended on central London tonight as the Occupy movement gathered to set up camp outside Parliament.

Organisers called for supporters to "return to Parliament Square" outside the Palace of Westminster from 6pm until late on Sunday.

Police have warned protesters they are banned from setting up camp at the landmark, as Scotland Yard insisted it had "an appropriate and proportionate police plan in place" for the event.

Dozens of officers were stationed in front of fencing placed around Parliament Square which prevented people from accessing the site.

Protester Tom Kay, 21, from Sheffield, branded the police guard around Parliament Square "a disgrace".

He said: "Protest is legal in this country and I think we should be able to protest where we want.

"The police are unwilling to let people protest seriously."

Announcing the event on the Occupy website, a statement said: "We're coming together because we want genuine democracy - free from corporate influence - where our voices count.

"Our votes, so hard won by the struggles of previous generations, have little value if politicians ignore the population they're supposed to serve."

There were a series of clashes with police on Parliament Square last month as supporters of the Occupy movement stood their ground for nine days. Green Party politician Jenny Jones was among a group of arrested protesters.

Under the Police Reform and Social Responsibility Act, the police can forcibly remove any protesters that decide to set up camp in Parliament Square.

The legislation was introduced after anti-war campaigners spent years occupying the London landmark outside Parliament.

About 100 protesters gathered at Parliament Square moved on to the road to form a blockade.

They unveiled a banner reading "real democracy now" and chanted "the police should be helping us".

Long tailbacks quickly formed along Whitehall as frustrated motorists sounded their horns.

Large placards displaying 'We Will not be silenced'  and 'Democracy now' are being displayed by protesters outside Big Ben.

As I have previously posted, Governments refuse to listen to peoples concerns and sooner or later things will come to a head.

I'll leave you to make your own minds up!

Link for what it's worth:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/occupy-democracy-demo-live-updates-4669584

UPDATE 8:20pm GMT

The protesters congregated peacefully on grassland opposite Downing Street amid a continued heavy police presence.

Author Donnachadh McCarthy, 55, said: "It's outrageous that in Parliament Square free speech is being suppressed by Boris Johnson's officers.

"If you don't have free speech in front of Parliament, you don't have free speech."

View user profile

7default Re: Second London riot in 3 years on November 21st 2014, 5:20 pm

Grim

Founder
Founder
oh it worked this time, but the very first part of the article is rather interesting.
Pro-democracy protesters descended on central London tonight
That first part of the article pretty much tells you what shape things are in. Since when was there such a things as a pro democracy protester in a country that is suppose to be democratic? The wording makes it appear as though it is happening in a country that was not democratic.

ELEvent Forums
View user profile

8default Re: Second London riot in 3 years on November 21st 2014, 5:31 pm

Darklord

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Grim wrote:oh it worked this time, but the very first part of the article is rather interesting.  
Pro-democracy protesters descended on central London tonight
That first part of the article pretty much tells you what shape things are in. Since when was there such a things as a pro democracy protester in a country that is suppose to be democratic?  The wording makes it appear as though it is happening in a country that was not democratic.

Yes exactly. A large section of the population don't seem to understand that their liberty's and freedoms are being erased slowly but surely.

They believe the authoritarian spin that it's for their protection and safety. They are unable in their minds to project ahead and ask the questions 'What if?', they can't project to the time when they will have no rights and no say.

These are the people that Government love, the people who are unable or afraid to 'stand on their own 2 feet' they need to be molly-coddled and have the 'nanny state' look after them.

That's the reason why Governments can get away with eroding people's civil liberties and rights.

View user profile

9default Re: Second London riot in 3 years on November 24th 2014, 12:47 am

Grim

Founder
Founder
Interestingly enough, there is a video channel on youtube which discusses how that the government has been slowly acclimating the public into a police state. At first, people dubbed him as a conspiracy theorist but now that everything he said is happening the idea that he was a fearmonger is pretty much dying and people are paying more attention to what he has to say.

ELEvent Forums
View user profile

10default Re: Second London riot in 3 years on November 24th 2014, 4:06 am

Darklord

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Do you remember the name of the channel or have you a link to it? That could be interesting to watch.

View user profile

11default Re: Second London riot in 3 years on November 24th 2014, 11:03 am

Grim

Founder
Founder
Yes of course. You can find it here
His videos on the coming police state are pretty interesting and he also did a few on mass incineration factories that were being built.. People heckled and scoffed him at first because it seemed so far out but in the end they turn out to be true time and time again.

ELEvent Forums
View user profile

12default Re: Second London riot in 3 years on November 24th 2014, 12:43 pm

Darklord

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Thanks, I've bookmarked it as there's quite a bit of stuff to go through.

View user profile

13default Re: Second London riot in 3 years on November 25th 2014, 2:45 pm

Grim

Founder
Founder
Most welcome and yes a whole lot as the videos go all the way back to 2008!

ELEvent Forums
View user profile

14default Re: Second London riot in 3 years on November 25th 2014, 4:49 pm

Darklord

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
It's quietened down a bit lately (at least for now) but there's still a lot of unrest in the air so we may see other incidents soon?

View user profile

15default Re: Second London riot in 3 years on November 26th 2014, 5:53 am

Grim

Founder
Founder
Quite possible. You know how it goes. Some small event could fire it up again.

ELEvent Forums
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum