You are not connected. Please login or register

Fun threatened by British Government

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1default Fun threatened by British Government on November 18th 2014, 6:44 am

Darklord

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Once again innocent people's fun is under threat from the British Government. his time it is the recreational flying of remote controlled aircraft.

A high ranking police officer, (probably under instruction from the Government) has come out and said that steps need to be taken to stop these aircraft from flying.

WHY?

He claims that people have been harrassed by them, and that they may be used by criminals for criminal activity.

He goes on to describe them as "things that fly and do not have pilots in them" and continues on to say they could be used in a "reckless" or "malicious" manner.

Needless to say it will only be a short time until the government ban radio controlled aircraft here.

Radio controlled aircraft manufacture is a huge Worldwide industry, and provides many thousands of people with job security. Here in Britain we have had radio controlled model aircraft since the 60's. Not once has this or any similarly related idea been brought up in the past 50 years.

So why now?

I try to keep up to date with the latest news events, both at home and abroad. I visit multiple news sites several times a day to get both different angles on stories and to get different stories from different sources, you could say I'm a bit of a news-o-holic really.

Not once have I come across any story regarding anyone being harrassed by these things, sure I've come across the odd story of someone acting stupidly by flying over crowds etc. But no matter what happens, you always get the odd person who will act stupidly.

We have stupid acts committed in cars all the time, but we don't advocate banning cars! We have stupid acts committed while certain people are drunk, but we don't advocate banning alcohol. Thie list is endless.

No, the real reason is that the authorities are frightened that these remote controlled aircraft will actually capture footage of some of the opressive tactics used by police and (secretly) condoned by the british Government against innocent and helpless citizens.

Interestingly enough, the issue of remote controlled flying aircraft only became 'an issue' to police, since the mass introduction of onboard cameras fitted to these aircraft.

Due to the huge racket these things make when flying, (they are far from stealthy) I doubt whether if they were photographing someone, they would go unnoticed?

So any claim that they can be used as some sort of remote hidden arial surveillance system is in the realm of 'Buck Rodgers'.

No doubt the spy agencies and military have these type of stealth drone aircraft, but for the general public buying from Radio Shack or Maplin? Come on - Get real!

I would post a link to the original news article if I could. However, as I found out while abroad recently. Political news from the UK is censored abroad, they only release to the World what they want, and unfortunately the piece that I am referring to comes under, - Yes you've guessed it! POLITICAL SECTION.

View user profile

2default Re: Fun threatened by British Government on November 19th 2014, 8:06 pm

Grim

Founder
Founder
Most interesting. However the military uses drones and they have no pilots and people have been harassed and killed by them by governments acting in a criminal way so I find the officer's reasoning a little on the shady side.

it is the natural order for all things to come to an end
It is not a matter of if it is going to happen but when
ELEvent Forums
-----------------------------
View user profile

3default Re: Fun threatened by British Government on November 20th 2014, 5:26 am

Darklord

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Shady indeed! It seems the more power these people in authority have, the more they want! They should remember that they are there to serve! NOT to order about.

IF these people are that clairvoyant that they can perceive of a possible problem in the future? Then why not put their talents to a more universal use and start predicting which large corporations are going to possibly hit hard times and start laying workers off? Or which of the greedy banks may possibly cause the next financial crisis? Then they can successfully bring laws in to safeguard against these possible problems before they happen.

View user profile

4default Re: Fun threatened by British Government on November 20th 2014, 8:52 pm

Grim

Founder
Founder
It seems the more power these people in authority have, the more they want! They should remember that they are there to serve! NOT to order about.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely. They will always want more until they become the masters.

ELEvent Forums
View user profile

5default Re: Fun threatened by British Government on November 21st 2014, 4:12 am

Darklord

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Things are indeed moving that way rapidly here, in fact it is accelerating. But as always there are those in denial and of course the news, as usual, is censored elsewhere so that we have no international condemnation.

View user profile

6default Re: Fun threatened by British Government on November 21st 2014, 2:22 pm

Grim

Founder
Founder
Interesting how things are evolving in the US & UK. I did a post some time ago where I pointed out that in order to get news (not censored) of any value you pretty much have to go to the underground now days as mainstream media now almost under complete control of the gov.
They dare not tell the truth until the gov says it is ok. .

ELEvent Forums
View user profile

7default Re: Fun threatened by British Government on November 21st 2014, 2:45 pm

Darklord

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Funny how things turn around isn't it?

Not that long ago we were condemning organisations such as the Gestapo and the SS in Germany for their records that they held on people. We even went to war in the name of 'peace and freedom of the people'. Of course that war wasn't directly as a result of the information they held about civilians, however it was a part of the whole umberella of reasons.

Then we condemned the KGB in Russia for their surveillance of citizens and again for holding data (personal and otherwise) on their citizens, not just their enemies!

Now however, because of modern technology, our Governments have far more information about their citizens, (in some cases they even know what you had for lunch!) but I don't see anyone condemning them for it. So where is our 'freedom'?

Oh silly me, in order for us to be safe and secure, Governments NEED this information don't they?

Funny, I bet the Germans and the Russians (among many others) said the same.

View user profile

8default Re: Fun threatened by British Government on November 21st 2014, 5:14 pm

Grim

Founder
Founder
Interestingly enough, after dealing with hitler the Germans condemn this kind of activity. They even wanted an agreement in writing that the US would not spy on them that was similar to the one they gave Italy back in the day.

ELEvent Forums
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum