You are not connected. Please login or register

Does Hell Exist

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1default Does Hell Exist on September 15th 2014, 4:41 am

Grim

Founder
Founder
Let us explore and discuss whether or not hell is real, and if it is what it would be like.

it is the natural order for all things to come to an end
It is not a matter of if it is going to happen but when
ELEvent Forums
-----------------------------
View user profile

2default Re: Does Hell Exist on September 18th 2014, 9:10 am

Peter07

I do not believe in an eternally burning hell and the Bible does not teach it.

View user profile

3default Re: Does Hell Exist on October 12th 2014, 6:12 am

Grim

Founder
Founder
Although I respect your personal belief i do disagree with it. So I am going to let you post a list of reasons that there is not one, and then I will post a list of reasons why I believe there is one.

ELEvent Forums
View user profile

4default Re: Does Hell Exist on October 12th 2014, 7:37 am

Peter07

(Mark 9:46 KJV)
Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

(Jeremiah 7:20 KJV)
Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, mine anger and my fury shall be poured out upon this place, upon man, and upon beast, and upon the trees of the field, and upon the fruit of the ground; and it shall burn, and shall not be quenched.

Notice these verses both say the the fire would not be quenched. Jeremiah is referring to the time Babylon destroyed the city of Jerusalem. The city burned yet the fire went out. The fire did not go out until the city was completly destroyed.

View user profile

5default Re: Does Hell Exist on October 12th 2014, 6:13 pm

Grim

Founder
Founder
Ah! Now I understand where you are coming from Happy I was taught that the fire not only never dies, but that the worm (person's soul) never dies as well, making it an eternity of torture and torment for the person who rejected Jesus during their physical existence.
So as I understand it, this would be a form of mercy where the person's existence simply ends in a blaze of fire (until they are utterly destroyed)

Truly, this would be worse than a literal hell because in a literal hell belief those who went there would still be alive (suffering an eternity of torment) whereas with your belief they are utterly destroyed with absolutely no hope of ever getting redeemed in the after life or even existing long enough to find out.

ELEvent Forums
View user profile

6default Re: Does Hell Exist on October 12th 2014, 9:28 pm

Peter07

That is true there is no 2nd chance. Today we have to choose tomorrow may be too late.

View user profile

7default Re: Does Hell Exist on October 23rd 2014, 8:01 pm

Firestorm

Administrator
Administrator
Truly a most interesting discussion. Peter if you are right then things for those who do not believe are a whole lot worse than what the mainstream churches teach. I am going to have to do some researching on the words that were used in the various scriptures.
The results of my research should prove very interesting for everyone (will get back to this topic after I have completed my research).

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum