You are not connected. Please login or register

The Tree

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1default The Tree on September 14th 2014, 8:38 pm

Grim

Founder
Founder
So let us discuss the tree in the Garden of Eden.  We all know the story of how that Adam and Eve were told not to eat of that one tree and how the snake deceived them but why was the tree put there?

it is the natural order for all things to come to an end
It is not a matter of if it is going to happen but when
ELEvent Forums
-----------------------------
View user profile

2default Re: The Tree on September 18th 2014, 9:13 am

Peter07

As a test of loyalty.

View user profile

3default Re: The Tree on September 20th 2014, 12:05 pm

Firestorm

Administrator
Administrator
This is a most interesting question which I believe has an equally profound answer.

Some say it was a master plan to divide the lightness from the dark. In this case they say that the creation days were prophetically done and Prophesied in His word that man would take of the tree so that God could divide the light and darkness.

Another possible answer it is believed that it was as Peter said.

Another possible answer is that it was to give them a choice to either obey or disobey.

All in all, this is a very good question so I am going to give my opinion on it so let us begin.

When God created the garden he created 2 special trees. The tree of life, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil. The latter could also be called the tree of death for God told them not to eat of it and warned them that in the day they eat thereof they shall surely die.
So then, they could either eat of the tree of life, or eat of the tree of death.

Simply put, it was to give them choice to either choose life or to choose death.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum