You are not connected. Please login or register

Russian Invasion Imminent

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nuclear Russian Invasion Imminent on August 7th 2014, 6:33 am

Grim

Founder
Founder
A couple days ago Russia announced that it is more or less tired of waiting and is preparing for an all out assault on Ukraine and anyone who stands in the way.

Russian President ordered a two-pronged attack against the U.S., Ukraine, and any European ally who chooses to become involved by mustering troops and munitions on the Ukrainian border,

You can view the full article here

In the latest update on this there are confirmed reports that Russian nuclear bombers have been doing training missions close to US airspace. Close enough that the USA has scrambled had to scramble fighters.

Yahoo(video)
USA Today
Inquisitr

Last edited by Grim on December 16th 2014, 6:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

it is the natural order for all things to come to an end
It is not a matter of if it is going to happen but when
ELEvent Forums
-----------------------------
View user profile

2Nuclear Re: Russian Invasion Imminent on August 9th 2014, 8:58 am

Grim

Founder
Founder
Updated.

ELEvent Forums
View user profile

3Nuclear Re: Russian Invasion Imminent on August 10th 2014, 3:58 am

Darklord

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
What I don't get about the Russians stance is this. Not that very long ago when 'rebels' were, (and still are) fighting in Syria for the overthrow of the Government there. It was Russia who blocked any Western interference by way of it's veto.

Now that the very same thing is happening nearer home, it is Russia who is now backing 'rebels' to overthrow the Government. It doesn't seem a very logical or consistent stance to take, in my book.

Ok so the Russians claim that the Syrian Government is an elected Government, whereas the current Ukrainian Government 'illegally' deposed the rightful Ukrainian Government.

But hold on, Firstly, the Syrian Government, which was initially elected fair and square, changed the goal posts and has not allowed the people to re-vote at the latest election time. They say that it would be unsafe and unreliable to accept any figures from such a vote.
Therefore, the current Syrian Government may not in reality actually be the 'Official' Government, (by way of not being representative of what the people would have voted in, were they allowed to do so?) So really, that negates the reasoning behind Russia's veto against the west backing the 'rebels'.

Secondly, the current Ukrainian Government weren't the ones who 'deposed' the former Government. It was action by the general public who rebelled because of all the corruption, and the suffering they were expected to endure under the former rule. The new Ukrainian Government were formed after the former president had fled to Russia. It could be said that he 'abandoned' his post. Therefore in the interests of law and order, and to preserve some sort of stability both internally and externally, a new Government had to be formed.
This was done quickly and against the accepted traditions, however in order to preserve the Country's standing it was a necessity. As it is only very early days in the new administration, I'm confident that as soon as the unrest has settled and the country's economy has again been stabilised, then there will be a full and proper election held to appoint an official Government. So really that negates Russia's argument on that topic.
If Russia genuinely wanted a democratically elected official Government in Ukraine? Then they would be doing everything in their power to make the Country stable as quickly as possible, in order to have official elections as soon as possible.

However if Russia or any other Nation is assisting 'rebels'? or indeed doing anything to lengthen the proper process leading to a more stable state? Then quite frankly it is they, who are guilty of aggression, and attempts to destabilize the Country, not the current Ukrainian Government.

View user profile

4Nuclear Re: Russian Invasion Imminent on August 10th 2014, 12:58 pm

Grim

Founder
Founder
Ok so the Russians claim that the Syrian Government is an elected Government, whereas the current Ukrainian Government 'illegally' deposed the rightful Ukrainian Government.

Interestingly enough both sides say the same thing about the other side. From the US perspective it is the rebels in the Crimea region that is considered the bad guys, and from Russia's perspective , its the Ukraine government considered the bad guys. So there is a strong disagreement on this issue between them. Russia threatens to invade, US says it will respond, Russia says it will nuke, US says it will respond with its own nukes. The situation has the potential to go nuclear any second after they invade which they have made clear that they are going to do n spite of warnings issued for them not to.

However if Russia or any other Nation is assisting 'rebels'? or indeed doing anything to lengthen the proper process leading to a more stable state? Then quite frankly it is they, who are guilty of aggression, and attempts to destabilize the Country, not the current Ukrainian Government.
Yes I agree with this. The main concern should be stability as opposed to political gains over territory. I mean really it appears to me that they are playing the cold war game again.

ELEvent Forums
View user profile

5Nuclear Re: Russian Invasion Imminent on August 10th 2014, 9:49 pm

Xerneas

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Frosty wrote:

Interestingly enough both sides say the same thing about the other side. From the US perspective it is the rebels in the Crimea region that is considered the bad guys, and from Russia's perspective , its the Ukraine government considered the bad guys. So there is a strong disagreement on this issue between them.  Russia threatens to invade, US says it will respond, Russia says it will nuke, US says it will respond with its own nukes. The situation has the potential to go nuclear any second after they invade which they have made clear that they are going to do n spite of warnings issued for them not to.

Yes I agree with this. The main concern should be stability as opposed to political gains over territory. I mean really it appears to me that they are playing the cold war game again.
this could turn very bad very quickly even i know this.and i just play video games instead of doing my research but even i know a nuclear bomb knocks out electrical powered things and does massive damage

View user profile

6Nuclear Re: Russian Invasion Imminent on August 11th 2014, 1:49 am

Grim

Founder
Founder
this could turn very bad very quickly even i know this.and i just play video games instead of doing my research but even i know a nuclear bomb knocks out electrical powered things and does massive damage

In times past one of the reasons why Russia and the US never got into an actual nuclear war was because it would have been what they call mutually assured destruction, also known as the MAD concept.

ELEvent Forums
View user profile

7Nuclear Re: Russian Invasion Imminent on August 11th 2014, 3:33 am

Xerneas

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
In times past one of the reasons why Russia and the US never got into an actual nuclear war was because it would have been what they call mutually assured destruction, also known as the MAD concept.
i am not one for that. mutually assured destruction MAD concept is not my favorite.in fact its a must avoid in my case

View user profile

8Nuclear Re: Russian Invasion Imminent on August 11th 2014, 3:15 pm

Grim

Founder
Founder
Exactly. Avoiding mutual destruction is what has kept this in check.

Latest update on this, there are now over 45,000 troops, lots of tanks and air units as well.

ELEvent Forums
View user profile

9Nuclear Re: Russian Invasion Imminent on August 11th 2014, 5:20 pm

Xerneas

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
sounds like someone is going to be royally beaten

regards Xerneas.
View user profile

10Nuclear Re: Russian Invasion Imminent on August 11th 2014, 11:34 pm

Grim

Founder
Founder
Well if this doesn't take the cake. First they blow smoke up each others butt and then then US, Russia and the Ukraine government agree to a plan to allow Russia to give humanitarian aid and are now saying it could be a pretext for an invasion.
They still have the 45,000 , lots of tanks and all that but couldn't they have just agreed on a solution a long time ago ?

ELEvent Forums
View user profile

11Nuclear Re: Russian Invasion Imminent on August 12th 2014, 11:23 pm

Xerneas

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
well either way someone is in for a shock.

regards Xerneas.
View user profile

12Nuclear Re: Russian Invasion Imminent on August 16th 2014, 5:27 am

Grim

Founder
Founder
We shall see how this turns out.

ELEvent Forums
View user profile