You are not connected. Please login or register

Matthew 24

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1default Matthew 24 on July 30th 2014, 9:00 am

Peter07

One of the most famous chapters in the Bible for end time prophecy is Matthew 24. The disciples asked questions about the end of the world

Matthew 24:1-3 KJV
(1)  And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
(2)  And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
(3)  And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

They asked 3 questions
1. When shall these things be?
2. What shall be the sign of thy coming?
3. And of the end of the world?

The reason they asked these questions is because they thought the destruction of the temple would be the end of the world

Notice the first sign Jesus mentioned

Matthew 24:4-5 KJV
(4) And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
(5) For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Matthew 24:11 KJV
(11) And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Matthew 24:24 KJV
(24) For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Matthew 24:24 KJV
(24) For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Deception is the first sign and mentioned four times in this chapter. This sign is everywhere today.

Last edited by Firestorm on July 30th 2014, 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : merged triple post)

View user profile

2default Re: Matthew 24 on July 31st 2014, 2:40 pm

Grim

Founder
Founder
I find it interesting that that deceive is mentioned not only 4 times in this chapter, but it was also the first act of evil ever recorded as Eve was deceived by the snake.

it is the natural order for all things to come to an end
It is not a matter of if it is going to happen but when
ELEvent Forums
-----------------------------
View user profile

3default Re: Matthew 24 on July 31st 2014, 4:58 pm

Peter07

When someone is deceived they think they are doing right when in fact they are not. So how are people deceived?

Revelation 13:13-14 KJV
(13) And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
(14) And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

View user profile

4default Re: Matthew 24 on August 5th 2014, 7:07 am

Grim

Founder
Founder
When someone is deceived they think they are doing right
well said.

ELEvent Forums
View user profile

5default Re: Matthew 24 on August 5th 2014, 8:09 pm

Peter07

We see church groups today doing miracles and many follow them. The Bible says satan appears as an angel of light. He will appear as a christian, someone good.

View user profile

6default Re: Matthew 24 on August 6th 2014, 2:10 am

Firestorm

Administrator
Administrator
The problem here is that what is considered a miracle is being distorted or rather that what a nonbeliever will consider a miracle to be will be coming from a distorted viewpoint.

There are those who actually have the gifts of The Spirit , of healing, and of miracles, and faith,  but the there are also those who will appear to do miracles when in reality it is nothing more than a deception.  For those who are deceived these worldly acts of triumph and victory will be viewed as a miracle  because their viewpoint would have become so bent and distorted that they don't know the difference between a real miracle or a worldly one.

Mark 16: 17-18 KJV
and these signs shall follow them that believe. In My name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
They shall take up serpents ; and if they drink any deadly thing it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover
I Corinthians 12: 8-12 KJV

For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom, to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit.
To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit,
To another the working of miracles , to another prophecy , to another discerning of spirits, to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues

So then, those who deceived are also blinded so that they can not see or know what is a real miracle.

Last edited by Firestorm on August 7th 2014, 5:12 am; edited 2 times in total

7default Re: Matthew 24 on August 6th 2014, 3:49 am

Peter07

Look at people like Benny Hinn. When he does his so called healing they always fall backward. Nowhere in the Bible do you read of people falling backward when healed. Only the wicked fell backward, God's people always fell on their face.

John 18:5-6 KJV
(5) They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them.
(6) As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

Genesis 17:3 KJV
(3) And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,

View user profile

8default Re: Matthew 24 on August 6th 2014, 7:33 am

Firestorm

Administrator
Administrator
The problem here is that what a nonbeliever will consider a miracle will be a from a distorted viewpoint.  

Just to clarify, what I meant was that at the time near the end non-believers will have the viewpoint that a worldly miracle is an actual miracle from God.

Look at people like Benny Hinn. When he does his so called healing they always fall backward. Nowhere in the Bible do you read of people falling backward when healed. Only the wicked fell backward, God's people always fell on their face.

This is a most interesting point.   I believe that this is somewhat symbolic as well. When one of God's chosen (like David for example) would pray they would fall down on their faces.  David for example was one of those and there are several other examples.  But in John 15, I believe that they were pushed back because of His profound statement when he said "I amhe"

Now remember that words in italics in the KJV are words or phrases that have been added to the original text with the intent of having greater clarity and meaning but are not in the original Greek text.  So it literally translates that He said "I am".  It would be only be natural if everything around Him was pushed back when he spoke these words.
Some have said that they were pushed back because of conviction. but in any event I will do further study on this because the old Testament was written with a lot of symbolism (types and shadows).

Now here is something interesting! God is His infinite wisdom knew that before the end that things would get progressively worse and worse before the end came especially with earthquakes and natural disasters. This is because He knew that the poles would gradually change over a  period of time and amazingly it was predicted long before man knew that magnetic poles even existed.  
You may ask what does this have to do with the end of the world ? Well it goes something like this:

the earthquakes and weather are directly linked to the earths magnetic poles. These poles are currently in a state of shifting and so the closer they get to the flip point the worse things are going to be. This means earthquakes, storms, strange weather. We live in a most interesting time as before our eyes this year alone we are seeing some major prophecies being or preparing to be fulfilled.  

Earthquakes, and weather is increasing in strength and strangeness due to the poles shifting
An actual pandemic is upon us as the result of the Ebola S mutating into a completely new airborne version.
Rivers and lakes are turning blood red in color in different locations. (just recently in china)

It appears as though everything is now in place for the beginning of the end.

----See Related Topic Here---

9default Re: Matthew 24 on August 7th 2014, 3:43 am

Peter07

Deception is the first of the signs mentioned in Matthew 24 and is mentioned four times in this chapter.

View user profile

10default Re: Matthew 24 on August 7th 2014, 5:16 am

Firestorm

Administrator
Administrator
Of a truth, deceit, lies, and everything that goes with it is simply the way of the enemy. Where there is a lie , there is usually a whole lot more laying around and deception comes in so many forms.

11default Re: Matthew 24 on August 7th 2014, 5:30 am

Peter07

So to find out what is deception we first need to find out what is truth. Satan likes to have counterfeits which looks like the original.

View user profile

12default Re: Matthew 24 on August 8th 2014, 3:41 am

Grim

Founder
Founder
So to find out what is deception we first need to find out what is truth.

For sure because one can't know something is a lie unless they know the truth.

ELEvent Forums
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum